Wedding Cake Recipe
The classic, perfect Wedding Cake Recipe. To be honest, I called several wedding cake vendors I knew and asked for their perfect recipe . . . and most of the admitted they either used Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker Cake Mixes!! I had a good laugh over that one.
If you are a perfectionist and want a "perfect from scratch" recipe, try one of these from the cake experts - Wilton!!
Wedding Cake Recipe #1
The Classic White Cake
* 6 cups sifted cake flour * 2 Tablespoons baking powder * 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine * 3 cups sugar * 2 cups milk * 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract * 12 egg whites
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom of pans and line with waxed paper or parchment paper, or use Wilton Cake Release (Click here for complete instructions on preparing baking pans.). Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Set aside.
With a mixer at slow speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with milk. Beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Gently fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pans. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Makes 12 cups batter.
Wedding Cake Recipe #2
Tiered cakes need a firmer texture - but still keeping the moist flavor. Adding Wilton almond flavor to gives it a richer taste that your guests will love.
* 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature * 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar * 5 eggs * 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract * 3/4 teaspoon Premium Almond Flavor * 3 cups all-purpose flour * 3/4 teaspoon baking powder * 1/4 teaspoon salt * 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pans with vegetable pan spray, or use Wilton Cake Release. In mixer bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and almond flavor. Mix flour with baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting with the flour. Pour into prepared pans. Refer to baking chart, for baking times and temperatures for specific pans. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Loosen sides and remove. Cool completely before decorating.
Makes 7 1/2 cups batter.
Wedding Cake Recipe #3
This chocolate cake gives guests a great different look and taste to traditional wedding cakes.
* 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour * 1 teaspoon baking powder * 1 teaspoon baking soda * 1/2 teaspoon salt * 3/4 cup butter or margarine (room temperature) * 2 cups sugar * 3 eggs * 1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract * 1 1/2 cups milk * 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Cream butter and sugar together until light in texture. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture. Beat thoroughly. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate and beat thoroughly.
Brush two 8 or 9 in. cake pans with Wilton Cake Release or generously grease pans with solid vegetable shortening and flour, or use Wilton Cake Release. Pour batter into pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
Makes 6 cups batter.
Wedding Cake Recipe #4
Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Icing
* 4 eggs * 1 cup vegetable oil * 1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract * 2 cups all-purpose flour * 2 cups sugar * 2 teaspoons baking soda * 2 teaspoons cinnamon * 1/4 teaspoon each nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt * 4 cups (approx. 1 lb.) grated carrots * 2/3 cup chopped nuts * 1/2 cup raisins * 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 2 nine in. round pans with vegetable spray, or use Wilton Cake Release (Click here for complete instructions on preparing baking pans.) In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add oil and vanilla and beat well. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt together; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in carrots, nuts, raisins and pineapple. Pour into prepared pans and bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on cooling grid and invert on grid to cool.
Makes 5 1/2 cups batter.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE ICING
* 1 (12 oz.) package Wilton White Candy Melts or any white confectionery coating * 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened * 1 cup unsalted butter, softened * 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Melt Candy Melts according to directions. Allow coating to cool slightly, stirring occasionally (don't let it harden). In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese (preferably with a flat beater) until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the cooled coating until blended and smooth. Beat in the butter and lemon juice. Smooth a small amount of icing on bottom cake layer; top side up. Top with second layer bottom side up. Frost cake with remaining icing. Refrigerate until ready to serve; bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 12-14 servings.
For Perfect Cakes . . . Start with Wilton Pans
The search for the perfect Wedding Cake Recipe can only turn out as good as the pans you use.
Wilton Cake Pans are made to release even, browned cakes that while let you ice the cake smooth and beautiful.
Be sure to check out The Perfect Wedding Cake to see the products you can use to make your wedding cake recipe DE-LIcious!! Experiment with the wonderful flavors that can make your cake really yummy.
Here are some other links you may enjoy:
Discount Florist Supplies
If you can't see the slideshow above, you can download a free Windows Media Viewer.